Hey hey hey my people, I’m back this week with a healthy, delicious Low Carb Vegan Mexican Cauliflower Rice recipe. Another perfect recipe for the new year, and something to help you keep up with the whole healthy lifestyle bullcrap. One of my favourite foods would have to be Mexican – and Mexican Rice in particular. However, the copious amount of carbohydrates and calories in rice pretty much scares me these days, so Cauliflower Rice is the way to go from now on!
This Vegan Mexican Cauliflower Rice recipe comes together in less than 20 minutes, making it the perfect light dinner for weight-watchers or people who are simply looking to eat healthier. All you need is a simple handful of ingredients – Green Onion, Cauliflower, Black Beans, Tomato Paste, Ground Cumin, Ground Coriander, Cayenne Pepper, Corn, Avocado and Cilantro. I happened to have all these things already hanging around the kitchen, as most do, making it even easier to prepare.
The beauty of Cauliflower masquerading as Rice is that it takes a mere 5-10 minutes to cook and doesn’t require any boiling or fidgeting around with a microwave or pot on the stove. The Black Beans in this Vegan Mexican Cauliflower Rice add a punch of protein to this recipe, so you don’t have to end up suffering from protein deficiency and thus ending up dead like most Vegans do. LOL.
You can choose to serve your Mexican “Rice” with a dollop of homemade Vegan Cashew Sour Cream, but I chose to forget about that this time round in order to keep this recipe as low in fat as possible. With or without Vegan Sour Cream, this recipe is absolutely the bomb dot com and something that I’ll definitely be adding to my weekly recipe repetoire. Full of flavor and low in fat and calories, this Vegan Mexican Cauliflower Rice is also Gluten Free and loaded with flavor. So do your body a favor and scroll down to grab the full recipe for my Vegan Mexican Cauliflower Rice!
2 Generous Portions
Low Carb Vegan Mexican Cauliflower Rice - a delicious and healthy low carb alternative to Mexican Rice.
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 a head of Cauliflower, de-stemmed
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Green Onions/Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 heaped teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels (I used frozen)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro/Coriander, chopped
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 an Avocado, peeled and cubed
- In a food processor, process your cauliflower until you achieve a rice like texture. Keep cauliflower aside.
- In a pan, heat Olive Oil up. Add chopped Green Onion/Spring Onion to the pan along with minced Garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add drained and rinsed Black Beans to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add Tomato Paste, Cumin, Coriander, Cayenne Pepper, Ketchup and Sugar to the pan. Stir well and cook for another minute.
- Add frozen Corn kernels to the pan and cook till tender, another minute or two. Finally, Add Cauliflower "Rice" to the pan and stir well.
- Continue stirring, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until Cauliflower is tender. Stir in Cilantro and then season to taste with Salt and Pepper.
- Serve topped with cubed Avocado and more chopped Green Onion and Cilantro if desired.
Notes & Other Shyt You Need To Know
Do not use frozen Cauliflower - use fresh!