Vegan Mushroom Pasta
Delicious Vegan Mushroom Pasta with Chestnut Parsley Pesto. A simple, delicious and easy to prepare Christmas dish, ready in under 20 minutes.
For Chestnut Parsley Pesto:
- 1/3 cup Flat Leaf Parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Miso Paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Ounces Chesnuts chopped finely (from a Tin or a Vacuum-Pack)
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 7 Ounces Brown Mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp pepper to taste
- 6 Ounces Pasta I used fusilli
- 1 tbsp Parsley chopped, to garnish
- 1 tbsp Vegan Parmesan to garnish
Bring water to boil in a large pot. Liberally salt the water and then boil Pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, combine Parsley, Garlic, Miso, Nutritional Yeast and Olive Oil in a food processor. Process till finely chopped, but not a Puree.
Add chopped Chestnuts to the food processor and Pulse until everything is combined and you have a coarse Pesto. Season to taste and set aside.
In a small saucepan, melt Vegan Butter. Add Mushrooms and cook until Golden. Season with Salt and Pepper.
Once pasta is cooked, drain and reserve about 1/2 a cup of the cooking liquid.
In a saucepan, combine Mushrooms, Chestnut Pesto and Cooked Pasta. Toss well and add reserved cooking liquid to loosen the Pesto up.
Season with Salt and Pepper and serve warm, sprinkled with additional Parsley or Vegan Parmesan.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 187kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 4gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 859mgPotassium: 466mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 893IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 1mg