Happy New Year fellow Crazy Vegans!!!! I’m sure 90% of you are trudging on with your quest to fulfill the New Year’s resolution of eating healthy and not being a slob that sits on the couch all day like I do. Well, today’s recipe for my Delicious Detox Vegan Quinoa Salad with Kale and Pomegranate will help you in your journey to dieting enlightenment. Lord knows how long any of us will keep up with the whole New Year detox thing, but hey, no harm trying!
This delicious Detox Vegan Quinoa Salad is loaded with healthy ingredients such as Kale, Sweet Potato, Avocado, Tomato, Red Onion and crunchy Pomegranate seeds. For a flavor packed punch, this Detox Quinoa Salad is dowsed in a gorgeous Smoked Paprika and Orange Juice Dressing which only used 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil, to keep it all healthy and shyt.
I cook my Quinoa with water and a Vegetable Stock Cube to add even more flavor into this dish without having to add extra fat, and it works an absolute charm. Whilst this Detox Vegan Quinoa Salad is meant to be eaten warm, it is no less delicious eaten cold the next day and will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days – the perfect thing to bring to work for lunch! This recipe is Gluten Free, Low In Fat, Heart Healthy and most importantly – damn fukkin delicious! Scroll down to grab the full recipe and instructions for my Delicious Detox Vegan Quinoa Salad with Kale and Pomegranate. Enjoy!
Kale Quinoa Salad
- 1 1/4 cups White Quinoa uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1 Stock Cube Vegetable
- 1 medium Sweet Potato diced
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Minced
- 3 cups Kale chopped
- 1/4 large Red Onion diced finely
- 1 large Roma Tomato diced finely
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 large Avocado peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet with non-stick parchment. Set aside.
- To prepare Quinoa, place dried Quinoa, Water and Vegetable Stock cube into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and let cook on lowest heat for 15 minutes.
- Combine Sweet Potato with 1 tsp Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper, then place on prepared baking sheet and roast in oven for 20 minutes or until tender whilst quinoa is cooking.
- Once Quinoa has cooked after 15 minutes, turn off the heat and let the pot sit without removing the lid whilst you prepare your Kale.
- In a large pan, combine 1 tsp Olive Oil with 1 tsp Minced Garlic on low heat. Immediately add Kale into the pan and cook till Kale has slightly wilted and is no longer touch. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked Quinoa, prepared Kale, Roasted Sweet Potato, Red Onion, Tomato, Pomegranate Seeds and Avocado. Toss to combine.
- To prepare dressing, whisk all listed ingredients. Pour dressing over quinoa and toss to combine. Check for seasoning and serve warm.