This watermelon feta salad is healthy, delicious, and refreshing. Ready in just 10 minutes, it’s perfect for serving as an appetizer or side dish!
Healthy food, happy mood! Our roast vegetable salad and this watermelon version prove this!
You don’t make friends with salad, and that is why every salad recipe you’ll find here is anything but boring. You’ll be besties with them by the end of it.
FREE EBOOK SERIES! 5 SECRETS FOR FOOLPROOF VEGAN DESERTS
The best watermelon salad with feta
Everyone raves about this salad recipe, and for a good reason: it has the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and tangy too. I sometimes add some mint for an even greater flavor punch!
- It’s quick and easy. It’s made using simple ingredients in just 10 minutes; no hassle!
- Super refreshing and hydrating. Watermelon is 92% water which makes it refreshing and hydrated on hot summer days.
- Healthy. It’s full of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals and has fewer calories, too.
- Everyone loves it. This salad’s attractive color and flavor make it irresistible for both kids and adults.
Besides some fresh produce and some seasonings, there isn’t much else that goes into this salad. Here is what you’ll need:
- Honey. Adds a sweet flavor to the dressing.
- Wholegrain mustard. Acts as an emulsifier.
- Olive oil. Or any other neutral flavor oil.
- Zest and lemon juice. It adds a tangy flavor.
- Watermelon. Seedless and cut into small bite-sized pieces.
- Watercress. Remove stalks before using.
- Red onion. Thinly sliced.
- Marinated feta. Drained and crumbled.
- Mint leaves. Torn.
How to make a watermelon feta salad
Start by mixing the honey, mustard, oil, lemon zest, and juice in a bowl. Next, take another bowl to mix watermelon, watercress, and onion. Finally, drizzle dressing on the watermelon mixture, add feta and mint on top, and serve.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Choose a ripe and sweet watermelon for the best flavor and texture.
- Cut the watermelon into bite-sized cubes or balls so that it is easy to eat and mixes well with the other ingredients.
- Keep the dressing light so it doesn’t overpower the flavors of the watermelon and feta.
Here are a few healthy and delicious ways to change the flavor of your salad:
Add some herbs. Try adding fresh mint, basil, or cilantro to your salad to change the flavor of your salad and make it taste even more refreshing.
Experiment with different dressings. Try using a different dressing than the typical honey-lime dressing. A balsamic or a raspberry vinaigrette can elevate the salad’s flavor.
Add some heat. If you want to make your salad spicy, add some diced jalapeno or chili flakes. The heat will complement the sweetness of the watermelon.
To store. Place leftovers in an airtight container, covered, and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To freeze. Freezing any salad is generally not recommended because the flavor and texture will be affected.
More healthy salad recipes to try
Frequently asked questions
Cucumber, berries, and melons are all fantastic additions to include in this salad.
A ripe watermelon should be firm to the touch and have a gorgeous red hue when sliced.
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small lemon juiced
- 1/2 small watermelon cubed
- 1 bunch watercress trimmed
- 1 small cucumber sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- Whisk together the honey, mustard, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top and serve immediately.
Talk Back To Me