Here’s a recipe for an awesome Chocolate Raspberry Raw Vegan Cheesecake. These taste absolutely delicious and are a great vegan treat. They can be kept in the freezer for months, and take a matter of minutes to thaw and enjoy. I used a cooked compote topping, but if you are fully raw, feel free to top it off with a raw raspberry coulis!
FREE EBOOK SERIES! 5 SECRETS FOR FOOLPROOF VEGAN DESERTS
Raw Vegan Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- Small pinch of Salt
- Raspberry Compote:
- 3/4 cup fresh Raspberries
- 2 tablespoons Raw Sugar
- Chocolate Cream Filling:
- 3/4 cup Cashews soaked for a few hours beforehand, then drained
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 4 tablespoons Almond Milk
- 3 pitted Medjool Dates soak this in the almond milk above for half an hour to soften
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pince of salt
- 3 tablespoons melted Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- Blend base ingredients in a food processor till it forms a ball (but you don't want the nuts to be chopped too much or they get oily!)
- Press into 4 small cake rings and place in the fridge whilst you prepare your filling and compote.
- Raspberry Compote: Place in a pot, and simmer till it forms a jam like consistency. Cool before using You can adjust the sugar to taste.
- For Filling: In a blender or food processor, process cashews, maple syrup, almond milk, dates, coconut oil, vanilla, salt and cocoa powder until very smooth. This may take a while! Once blended, proceed to assemble.
- Assemble: On the pre made bases, spoon 1 tsp of raspberry compote. Fill with chocolate cream mixture and then top off with more compote.
- You need to freeze this for a couple of hours before you can unmold them. Once unmolded, let thaw for 10 minutes before eating.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Kseniya Kayla says
Amrita @ Crazy Vegan Kitchen says