Try out our recipe for this Vegan Almond Chai Milk – delicious, healthy, naturally sweetened and dairy free!
Vegan Almond Chai Milk!
- 50 grams Raw Almonds
- 1/2 a Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Cardamom pod
- 1 Clove
- 2 Black Peppercorns
- 3 pitted large Medjool Dates
- 1 Pinch of pink Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Erythritol It's a calorie free sugar substitute, but feel free to replace it with an equal amount of brown sugar
- 1 Pinch of Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 3 cups COLD filtered water
- Soak your almonds overnight to soften them and help activate natural enzymes.
- Soak the whole spices and dates overnight in enough water to submerge them.
- Next Day:
- Place soaked spices and dates into the blender, along with the water they were soaking in.
- Drain almonds and rinse them off, then add them into the blender.
- To the blender add your salt, sweetener, nutmeg, ginger and water.
- Blend all the ingredients together on High speed for about 45 seconds - 1 minute. High power blenders may take less time.
- Once blended, taste and adjust sweetness according to preference. If you're satisfied with the taste, proceed to strain the milk (Very important, as almonds never blend 100% and can cause irritation to the throat if not sieved out).
- Strain and press against the solid remains to extract as much milk as possible. Alternatively, if you own a nut milk bag like I do, use that instead.
- Once strained, pour into bottles and let chill thoroughly in the fridge before enjoying.
Fresh Almond milk separates after a while as there are no preservatives used like commercial brands, so don't freak out if it looks curdled after a few hours. All you have to do is shake the bottle and the milk will normalize in consistency again. Fresh Almond Milk lasts for 3 days in the fridge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!