Greetings! Let’s get straight into things – welcome to the recipe for my super quick, easy and delicious Vegan Chocolate Ganache Tart. Unlike most tart recipes, I use an Oreo crust for this recipe, meaning there is no cooking or fiddly pastry making involved in this chocolate tart recipe! I really love tarts of all kind, simply because I myself am a tart and I can truly really relate to anything tart related!
The crust for this Vegan Chocolate Tart is a simple mixture of Crushed Oreos, Vegan Butter – think Oreo Cheesecake base – that is pressed into a lovely tart tin (or small individual tart tins if you prefer individual serves!), and then chilled in the fridge whilst you make your Vegan Chocolate Ganache filling. For anyone who doesn’t know, Ganache is a term used in patisserie to refer to an amalgamation of Cream and Chocolate in various ratios, depending on your intended use, variety of chocolate and so on.
Whilst your tart crust is chilling, all you have to do is pop some high quality Vegan Dark Chocolate, Vegan Single Cream (or Coconut Milk if you do not have access to Vegan Single Cream – I use Alpro), and a generous pinch of Sea Salt into a bowl and nuke it in the microwave at 30 second intervals until everything is smooth and silky. In the spirit of no cooking, I’ve opted to use a microwave, but feel free to heat your cream on the stovetop and pour it on your chocolate if you’re afraid of radiation killing you. I’m here for a good time, not a long time, so I don’t quite care!
FREE EBOOK SERIES! 5 SECRETS FOR FOOLPROOF VEGAN DESERTS
Once your ganache is smooth and silky, you’ll want to spread some Raspberry Jam into the bottom of your tart pan to add a little fruity twang to your Vegan Chocolate Ganache Tart – completely optional, of course. Pour ganache in, chill overnight, and now you’re ready to demolish your chocolate tart in one sitting if you are someone of great strength and valour. Because such few ingredients are used in this recipe, I urge you to use the highest quality chocolate you can find, it makes all the difference. I’m a high class tart! Scroll down for the full recipe, and head to my Instagram page and chuck me a follow/like if you are feeling sympathetic. Adios amigos!
Vegan Chocolate Tart
- 20 Oreo Cookies with cream
- 60 grams Vegan Butter melted (2oz/4 Tablespoons)
- 240 grams Vegan Chocolate 8oz
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Espresso Powder
- 45 grams Vegan Butter 3 Tablespoons
- 140 grams Vegan Single Cream 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon *
- 1 tbsp Raspberry Jam
- To make the Base: Process Oreos food processor until finely ground. Add melted butter, and pulse until moistened. Press the Oreo mixture onto the bottom and sides of an 8 inch tart tin. Refrigerate whilst you make your filling.
- To prepare filling, combine Chocolate, Salt, Espresso, Vegan Butter and Cream in a microwave safe bowl. Place into microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring with each interval. Continue doing this until everything is melted and smooth.
- Remove tart tin from the fridge and spread a thin layer of Raspberry Jam on the base.
- Pour prepared filling into tart tin, and shake to even out.
- Leave in the fridge for 6-8 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from fridge, decorate with extra fruit and slice to serve.
- Keep tart refrigerated at all times!
Talk Back To Me