Hey ho, let’s go. Today I bring to you a Vegan Thai Quinoa Salad With Lemongrass Peanut Dressing. I got the inspiration for this recipe from Heather Christo, whilst I was flicking through stuff on Pinterest for Quinoa recipes. I veganized her original recipe, and adapted the ingredients to my own taste. I already have a few Vegan Quinoa recipes on the blog that many have made and loved, including my older Rainbow Quinoa recipe, so this Vegan Thai Quinoa Salad is definitely a funky new one to try.
My Thai Vegan Quinoa Salad With Lemongrass Peanut Dressing comes together in under 30 minutes, and keeps in the fridge for a couple of days – perfect for your fancy tupperware lunches. Whilst your Quinoa is cooking in Vegetable Broth, all you have to do is blend the Lemongrass Peanut Dressing in a Nutribullet or Vitamix. Anything that blends sh!t up reallly. The dressing consists of Lemongrass, Peanut Butter, Garlic, Maple Syrup, Chilli, Rice Vinegar, Olive Oil, Sesame Oil and Lime Juice. Easy peasy. Once that’s done, all you have to do is combine your warm cooked Quinoa with Shredded Cabbage, Sliced Chilli, Diced Red Onion, Diced Yellow Pepper, Diced Red Pepper and a medley of herbs – Mint, Cilantro/Coriander and Thai Basil. Heather adds shredded chicken into her Thai Quinoa Salad, but I use tofu instead. Duh. Vegan yo.
The final addition to this Vegan Thai Quinoa Salad is a copious amount of chopped, roasted and salted Peanuts. Before enjoying, garnish with more Mint, Cilantro, Basil, Chopped Peanuts and few juicy lime wedges, and ha ha you’re laffing! Oh, drizzle some leftover dressing on as well. There’s no such thing as too much dressing. Make sure to use juicy limes in this recipe, because the dressing really needs that punch of citrus to cut through the Peanut Butter and Maple Syrup. Look for soft, squeezy limes – I liken them to breasts – the softer and juicer, the more you get out of them.
Anyway, moving on from boobs, scroll down for the full Vegan Thai Quinoa Salad With Lemongrass Peanut Dressing recipe. A perfect combination of Salty, Sweet, Sour and Spicy – the basic rule for most Thai dishes- this salad is easy to make, healthy, delicious and packed with flavor, it just mayyyyyyyyy be your new favourite Asian Quinoa Salad recipe. Ciao ciao for now now!
Thai Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup white Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
For the Lemongrass Peanut Dressing:
- 2 Lemongrass Stalks finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 large Red Chilli with seeds
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 4 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 Lime juiced
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt to taste
For the salad:
- 1 small Yellow Bell Pepper diced
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 small Red Onion diced
- 1/2 cup tofu cubed
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves shredded
- 1/2 cup coriander shredded
- 1/2 cup Thai Basil shredded
- 1/2 cup Peanuts Roasted Salted
- 3 cups Nappa Cabbage shredded
- 1 large Red Chilli thinly sliced
- In a small pot, combine Quinoa, Vegetable Broth and Salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cover with a lid. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. When the quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork and keep warm.
- Whilst the Quinoa is cooking, make the dressing: In the jar of a blender or Nutribullet, combine the Lemongrass, Garlic, Chilli, Maple Syrup, Peanut Butter, Rice Vinegar, Lime Juice and Olive Oil. Blend till smooth.
- Season to taste with sea salt.
- Toss the warm Quinoa in a large bowl with the Bell Peppers, Red Onion, Tofu, Mint, Cilantro, Thai Basil, Chopped Peanuts, Nappa Cabbage and Red Chilli.
- Add 3/4 of the dressing and toss, then season to taste with extra lime juice or salt, if necessary.
- Pile Quinoa Salad on a platter and drizzle with remainder of your dressing. Sprinkle with more chopped Peanuts and Herbs, then serve at room temperature.