Chocolate and Peanut butter has proven to be a combination that has appeared on this blog time and time again. Either I absolutely lack any creativity whatsoever, or it is just a proven combination that cannot go wrong. Take your pick. Today I’m sharing with you my No Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice. What’s better than a fukkin sick dessert? One that doesn’t require you to turn the oven on too, of course.
Now, the inspiration for this No Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice recipe came from an episode of god-knows-what I was watching on Food Network. God knows who was making a Peanut Butter Slice/Bar that was very similar to this, and I took it upon myself to veganize the recipe. I mean, anything you can make, I can make vegan, right?
Lest I digress. This recipe is so darn easy to make. We start off with making the base. All you need is Peanut Butter, Icing Sugar, Melted Vegan Butter, Digestive (or Graham) Biscuit Crumbs. It can’t get any easier than that. You simply mix everything together and pat it into an 8 inch cake tin, then prepare the silky Dark Chocolate Ganache to top everything off. The Dark Chocolate Ganache for the Vegan Peanut Butter Slice consists of just 3 simple ingredients – Dark Chocolate, Vegan Soy Cream (I use Provamel, but you can substitute with Coconut Milk) and Salt. Once everything is combined and smooth, you pour it on top of your Peanut Butter base and let the whole thing set in the fridge for 6 hours, or ideally overnight.
The final result once you cut your Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice is a rich, moreish treat that anyone who loves PB will froth over. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week, which means they are the perfect thing to make on a lazy Sunday night. Scroll down to grab the full recipe!
Serves 16 Bars
No Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice - A delicious, rich and creamy treat that doesn't require any baking. Peanut Butter Base and silky Chocolate Ganache Topping.
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups Digestive Biscuit Crumbs (or Graham Crackers)
- 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
- 1 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup melted Vegan Butter
- 8 ounces (240 grams) Vegan Dark Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) Vegan Soy Cream (or Full Fat Coconut Milk)
- Sea Salt, for garnishing
- Line an 8x8 inch baking tin with non stick paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Digestive Biscuit Crumbs, Icing Sugar, Peanut Butter and melted Vegan Butter. Mix well until you end up with a soft cookie dough type texture.
- Pat mixture into a flat and smooth layer in the prepared baking tin. Set aside.
- Place chopped Dark Chocolate into a mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, heat Vegan Soy Cream up till it starts to simmer. Pour over your dark chocolate and let sit for a minute.
- Add salt to the chocolate mixture and stir until all the chocolate is melted into the cream and you have a smooth and silky chocolate ganache.
- Pour chocolate ganache over peanut butter layer and smoothen with a palette knife. Chill tin for 6 hours or overnight.
- Once set, cut into bars and garnish each slice with a tiny bit of Sea Salt. Keep bars refrigerated in an air tight box for up to one week.