Valentine’s Day is right ’round the corner, yadda yadda yadda. To those of you who are sane enough to have a date this year, you’ll know how daunting it can be to look for a nice gift for your loved one. I’m personally a complete cheapskate, so I usually stick to baking cakes and such on Valentine’s Day. With that said, I have never ever had a Valentine, so I usually just sit at the table with my cake and weep myself to sleep. That’s what will be happening with this year with my Vegan Raspberry White Chocolate Cake.
This Vegan Raspberry White Chocolate Cake is a cross between Ice Cream, a Cheesecake and a tummy full of joy. I don’t know what it is really, similar to how I don’t know what life is all about either. I’ll try to explain it as best as I can. It starts off with a simply Digestive Biscuit/Vegan Butter Crust, and the filling is a cheesecake-type mixture of Cashews, Vegan Cream Cheese, Raspberries, Vanilla Bean, Maple Syrup, Coconut Oil and Cacao Butter. Half of a base mixture for this Vegan Raspberry White Chocolate Cake is blended with Raspberries, whilst the other half gets some Cacao Butter and Vanilla Bean stirred in.
Once set, you’ll have your very own Raspberry White Chocolate Cake to call your own. It won’t spoon you in the middle of the night but you’re more than welcome to spoon it in the middle of the night. Have a great Valentine’s Day, but don’t tell me or Facebook about it. Cheers!
Crazy Vegan Kitchen
Cool and creamy Vegan Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake on a Digestive Biscuit base.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- Biscuit Base:
- 2 oz Vegan Butter, melted
- 5 oz Plain Digestive Biscuits
- Raspberry White Chocolate Topping:
- 3 oz Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Raw Cashews (soaked overnight in water and then drained)
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Almond/Soy Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Salt
- 3/4 cup Raspberries
- 6 tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil (refined variety so that it does't taste of Coconut)
- Seeds of Half a Vanilla Pod
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Melted Cacao Butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Melted Coconut oil
- Raspberries, to serve
- Biscuit Base: Process biscuits in a food processor till you end up with a sand like crumb, then add melted Vegan Butter and process till biscuits are moistened.
- Firmly press into the base of an 8 inch springform tin or cake ring. Place in the freezer whilst making filling.
- Make Filling: In a high powered blender, blend Vegan Cream Cheese, Soaked Cashews, Maple Syrup, Almond/Soy Milk and salt.. Blend on high till completely smooth.
- Once smooth, divide mixture into half. Blend one half of the mixture with the melted Cacao Butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil.
- Alternate pouring both mixtures onto chilled crust, and use a skewer or chopstick to marble the mixture.
- Set in freezer for at least 6 hours. When ready to eat, let cake thaw for 10 minutes, or eat frozen for a more "Ice Cream Cake" type experience. (When frozen, raspberry mixture will be more like a frozen sorbet, whilst the white chocolate mixture will take on more of an Ice Cream like texture).