It’s chow time, b*tches. Vegan Corn Chowder time, to be exact. Yes, I know, corny joke. Hah, I never stop. Okay, time to put my serious helmet on. Today’s recipe is a quick, simple, hearty and delicious Vegan Corn Chowder. But you already know that.
Look, I’m really struggling to not make a dirty joke about what corn looks like. So let me divert my attention to talking about how I made my creamy Vegan Corn Chowder. Onions, Celery, Red Pepper, sautee. Tip in some Flour that I use as a thickening agent and then add in some Diced Potato. Now it’s time to simmer. Add Soy or Almond Milk (aka nut juice) and Vegetable Broth, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer till your tater bits are tender. Mmm. And finally, in goes the Corn and hey, presto! Corn Chowder. Don’t forget to listen to Korn whilst cooking.
This Corn Chowder takes 30 minutes or less to prepare (anything under an hour is always a winner), is sweet, creamy, low in fat and totally jizz worthy. I use Soy Milk to keep things nice and creamy (waiting for a hater to tell me soy is poison) , but feel free to experiment with Almond Milk, Oat Milk, Breast Milk or even Coconut Milk (though coconut may change the taste of your chowder quite a bit).
As always, scroll down for my Creamy Vegan Corn Chowder recipe, and don’t forget to leave me a comment, whether it be a friendly hi or an abusive string of insults. Until next time, ciao ciao!
Crazy Vegan Kitchen
A quick, simple and healthy soup made with corn, potatoes, celery and red pepper.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 2 sticks of Celery, diced
- 1 medium Potato, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Soy/Almond/Oat Milk
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 4 ears of Corn, shucked
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- Chopped Green Onion, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Extra bits of Corn and Red Pepper, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Sautée Onion, Red Pepper and Celery for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add diced potato and mix well. Once mixed, add in flour and stir to coat veggies. Cook for a minute or 2 before adding your Non-Dairy Milk of choice and Vegetable Broth.
- Add Celery Salt, Smoked Paprika, and Dried Parsley into the pot. Stir well and then bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce to simmer, cover pan with a lid and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, or until potato bits are tender.
- Once potato is tender, add shucked Corn kernels and stir to combine. Let cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until corn is tender to your liking.
- Transfer 1/4-1/3 of the soup to a blender (depending on how thick you want the chowder) and blend till smooth. Pour back into the pot and stir well.
- Stir in Apple Cider Vinegar and taste for/adjust seasoning before serving. Top with chopped Green Onion, Cilantro and extra bits of Corn/Red Pepper.