So my January resolutions to lose a few kilos ended up in pure and utter failure. Somehow, instead of losing weight, I ended up putting on weight. Damn you, Non Dairy Ben and Jerry’s! Oh well, I’m just going to have to come up with some February resolutions instead (Will I fail? Who knows?). Cue a healthy recipe, and in this case, this Vegan Detox Quinoa Salad with Roasted Sweet Potato! I love this recipe because it’s dead easy to make, doesn’t require too many ingredients and has a bright and zesty flavour that is perfect right now since it’s Summer in Australia (aka the Upside Down).
We start this Detox Quinoa Salad recipe off with well, some god damn Quinoa of course. For the protein component, I chuck in some Black Beans, along with Cherry Tomatoes, Baby Spinach, Fresh Corn, Spring Onion, Roasted Sweet Potato and Cilantro. Now the dressing, ah the dressing. It couldn’t get any simpler than some Lime Juice, Maple Syrup, Cumin, Red Pepper Flakes and a dash of ground Coriander (As if this detoxifying son of a bitch of a salad wasn’t already loaded with a multitude of flavours).
I like to serve this Quinoa Salad recipe warm, but it works a charm in a packed lunch the next day as well. If you’re trendy and swimming in money, top your Quinoa Salad with fresh chunks of Avocado as well. Me, well, I’m poor as f*ck, so I’ve had to sacrifice the Avocado this time round. Anyhoo, if you want to nourish your body instead of stuff it with pure and utter crap like I do, then scroll down to grab the recipe for this Vegan Detox Quinoa Salad with Roasted Sweet Potato. Peace out and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram if you enjoy my recipes!
Crazy Vegan Kitchen
Serves Serves 4
Vegan Detox Quinoa Salad - a healthy, vibrant and delicious salad studded with lots of veggies and dressed in a Lime and Cumin Dressing. Gluten Free.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 medium Sweet Potato, cubed
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup fresh Corn Kernels
- 1 can Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 Spring Onions, finely diced
- 1 cup Sweet Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 ounces/100 grams Baby Spinach, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro/Coriander
- Juice of 2 Fresh Limes
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- In a pot, combine Quinoa and Stock. Bring to a simmer and then close with a lid. Let cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn heat off and let Quinoa sit for 5 minutes before opening lid.
- Meanwhile, combine cubed Sweet Potato with 2 teaspoons Olive Oil. Season with Salt and Pepper and roast in a preheated oven (175 Celsius/350F) for 20 minutes or until fork tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Quinoa, Roasted Sweet Potato, Corn, Black Beans, Spring Onion, Cherry Tomato, Baby Spinach and Cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing and mix well. Pour over Quinoa Salad and toss lightly to combine. Check for seasoning and season well with Salt and Pepper.
- Serve warm or cold.