So whooooooo doesn’t love potatoes? Taters taters taters, I could eat them all day long. May explain why I look like a potato. One of my favourite ways of having potatoes would have to be these Vegan Lemon Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes. Woah, tongue twister, the only tongue action I ever get.
Okay, so these little Herb Roasted Potatoes are a little fancier than your usual run of the mill, chuck into the oven with some olive oil potatoes. I cut slits in the potatoes to increase their surface area = more yummy crispy bits once roasted in the air fryer or oven. Fancy. The Roasted Potatoes are also coated in a mixture of Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Parsley, Basil, Garlic and Maple Syrup before being thrown into the flames to cook.
FREE EBOOK SERIES! 5 SECRETS FOR FOOLPROOF VEGAN DESERTS
But no, we’re not done yet. Halfway through the roasting process, we baste the little bastards in a another basting mixture of Olive Oil, Parsley, Basil and Lemon Zest. Half of this mixture is used to baste them halfway through cooking, and the remaining mixture is slathered onto the Herb Roasted Potatoes once they are fully cooked, a minute or two before being served.
What we end up with is a tray full of delicious little Vegan Roasted Potato fukkers that you won’t be able to stop eating. I mean, I am proof of this. Have you seen the size of my glutes? I don’t do squats either. Will post a nude or two up next week for all of you to see. Anyway, if you are keen, scroll down for my Vegan Lemon Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes recipe. They are simple as pie to make, only use a few ingredients, healthy, delicious and carb-licious. Noot Noot!
Vegan Roast Potatoes
- 1 lb. Baby Potatoes 500 grams
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Basil finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Parsley finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Minced
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt or to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
Lemon Herb Olive Oil Mixture:
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Parsley minced
- 1 teaspoon Basil minced
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- Preheat oven 180 Celsius/350 Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with non stick baking paper. Set aside.
- Make fine slits in each baby potato, but do not cut all the way through.
- In a large bowl, combine prepared potatoes with Olive Oil, Basil, Parsley, Garlic, Maple Syrup, Salt and Pepper. Toss to coat well.
- Place potatoes, cut sides up, on baking sheet and roast for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for Lemon Herb Olive Oil in a small bowl.
- After 25 minutes of roasting, baste potatoes with half of the Lemon Herb Olive Oil mixture, and then pop back into the oven and continue roasting for another 25 minutes or till potatoes are cooked.
- Once cooked, drizzle potatoes with remaining Lemon Herb Olive Oil mixture and serve immediately. Sprinkle with more sea salt if necessary!