Quinoa Salads and Kale are like, a few of my favourite foods in the world. Not because I’m a hipster dickhead or anything but because I know someone who always mispronounces Quinoa as “Queenos” and Kale as “Kable” and I love to take the piss out of them for it. Bless you if you are reading this. Since my skin is brown and people mistake me for a Mexican sometimes, I decided why not make a Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad with Kale in it.
We start of our little Mexican Quinoa Salad with some pre-cooked Quinoa (I’m too lazy to cook it from scratch, okay?), add in a little de-stemmed Kale, Sliced Red Onion, Black Beans and Corn. We then make a dressing with Olive Oil, Maple Syrup, Ground Cumin, Ground Coriander, Lime Juice, Sriracha (yeah so mexican ya), Salt and Pepper. Finally, we delicately stir in some cubed Avocado, Chopped Cilantro and HEY PRESTO BITCHES, WE HAVE A VEGAN/VEGETARIAN MEXICAN QUINOA SALAD.
So if you’re keen on having a Quinoa Salad that is simple, easy and damn quick to make for lunch/dinner, try my Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad out. Donald Trump will definitely hate it and try to build a wall around this recipe but hey, don’t let that stop you from making it!
Mexican Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups Quinoa Pre-Cooked
- 1/2 large Red Onion sliced thinly
- 1 1/4 cups Corn
- 2 cups Kale
- 1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 large Avocado cubed
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
For the dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 5 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- Cook frozen corn until tender, either by boiling, in a steamer or in the microwave. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, combine cooked Quinoa, Sliced Onion, cooked Corn and drained and rinsed Black Beans.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all ingredients for dressing together.
- Pour dressing into Quinoa and toss to combine. Gently stir in cubed Avocado and Cilantro, and then taste to check for seasoning. Adjust if necessary.
- This sh*t is best enjoyed warm!