These Hasselback potatoes are the perfect vegetable side dish that is sure to impress! Crispy baby potatoes sliced and seasoned, and drizzled with butter. Air fry option included.
Whenever I’m entertaining or having friends over for a dinner party, I always made serve Hasselback potatoes with the main course. They are the kind of veggie side dish that looks incredibly fancy but is so easy to prepare. Baby potatoes sliced very thinly, seasoned with salt and pepper, and drizzled with vegan butter.
FREE EBOOK SERIES! 5 SECRETS FOR FOOLPROOF VEGAN DESERTS
Not only are these potatoes so easy to make, but they can either be oven-baked or cooked in the air fryer.
How do you make Hasselback potatoes?
- Mini potatoes– I prefer using mini Yukon gold potatoes, but any small starchy potatoes can be used.
- Olive oil– To crisp the edges and exterior of the potatoes.
- Salt and pepper– To taste.
- Vegan butter– To drizzle onto the potatoes halfway through the baking process!
Start by washing your potatoes before patting them dry completely. Next, toss the whole potatoes in the olive oil until coated. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the potatoes crossways, ensuring there is at least a 1/4 inch from the base. Place the potatoes onto a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake at 200C/400F for 45-50 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the oven and drizzle with the melted vegan butter. Place back in the oven and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Tips to make the best potatoes
- Oven makes and models differ. If you find your potatoes aren’t 100% baked, cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Ensure the potatoes are a similar size, so they all cook evenly and at the same time.
- Feel free to add any of your favorite herbs and spices. Cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, and oregano are all fantastic options!
Can I make these in the air fryer?
Easily make this recipe air fryer Hasselback potatoes.
Simply prepare the potatoes as directed but place them in a single layer in an air fryer basket. Cook at 200C/400F for 30 minutes, turning them halfway through. Drizzle the butter over the top once they have been cooked.
Storing and freezing potatoes
- To store: Baked Hasselback potatoes should be stored in the refrigerator, covered. They will keep well for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place leftover potatoes in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: Either reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or in a preheated oven at 200C/400F for 6-7 minutes, until crispy.
More vegan side dish recipes to try
Watch how to make it
- 2 lbs baby potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp vegan butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and dry your baby potatoes. Using a sharp knife, cut slices crossways, ensuring there is an 1/8 inch remaining from the bottom. Rub olive oil around each of the potatoes and place them onto the lined sheet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the potatoes before baking them for 45-50 minutes. Remove them from the oven and drizzle the melted butter over them. Place back in the oven and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and serve immediately.
Talk Back To Me