What’s a holiday party or gathering without some grub? Whilst I’m not one for parties or celebrations at the end of the year (I’m a massive loner), I do enjoy cooking up a few dishes to share with my sister and boyfriend during the festive period. One of my favourites over the last few years has been this Vegan Quinoa Crunch Salad with Pomegranate and Pistachio. Nothing screams “DECEMBER!” more than ruby red Pomegranate arils and jade coloured Pistachios strewn amongst a mixture of Quinoa and other goodies.
My Vegan Quinoa Crunch Salad consists of Cooked Quinoa, Toasted Flake Almonds, Fresh Parsley, Pistachio, Pomegranate, Spring Onion and Avocado, all dressed with a delicious Orange Juice Vinaigrette perfumed with a little Ground Cinnamon for warmth and depth of flavor.
The great thing about this Vegan Quinoa Crunch Salad is the bloody layers of texture that you get in each mouthful. I cant speak for anyone but myself, but I sure do enjoy a little crunch in anything I eat. Whether I’m tucking into a salad, a cake or even a soup, texture is key. I’m not a baby, I have teeth, so give me some goddamn crunch.
If you’re a fan of any other nuts such as Hazelnuts or Pecans, feel free to add them in or even substitute them for the Pistachio and Almond in this simple Quinoa Salad recipe. If you’re looking for any other Quinoa recipes, have a geez at my One Pan Mexican Quinoa, Detox Quinoa Salad or Rainbow Quinoa Salad. They’re all fucken delicious and I guarantee you’ll enjoy them. Sue me otherwise. I don’t have any money so joke’s on U.
Scroll down to grab the full recipe for this Vegan Quinoa Crunch Salad and I’ll seeya next time. Don’t forget to hop on over to my Instagram page and chuck me a follow if you enjoy the recipes I post. Peace and love!
Crazy Vegan Kitchen
A delicious Vegan Quinoa Crunch Salad studded with toasted Almond, Pistachio and Pomegranate. Perfect for a healthy lunch or as a potluck dish!
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 3 chopped Spring Onions
- 3/4 cup Toasted Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 cup Toasted Pistachios
- 1 cup Pomegranate Arils
- 2 Avocados, cubed
- 1/2 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste.
- In a pot, combine dried Quinoa and Vegetable Broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes on low heat. Once cooked, transfer to a bowl, fluff with a fork and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add Spring Onions, Slivered Almonds, Pistachios, Pomegranate Arils and Cubed Avocado to the Quinoa.
- In a seperate bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk well to combine.
- Pour dressing over Quinoa mixture and toss very gently to combine.
- Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.