Hey ho, let’s go. I’ve been pretty absent from this blog as of recent (gotta thank those two jobs I have keeping me busy), so I figured why not hop on and grace your presence with some good ol’ fuckin Donuts. Vegan Oreo Donuts, to be exact. And baked, not fried – because ain’t nobody got enough money to purchase 3 gallons of oil. Or maybe that’s just me living my poverty lifestyle and everyone is actually out there pampering themselves with Costco sized barrels of Vegetable Oil. Lest I digress.
So, I’ve got another Vegan Baked Donut recipe on this humble little site, so if you’re looking for a Chocolate Baked Donut base, click here! So, why Oreos this time round? Simple, they’re on special at the Supermarket and I am a mega super crazy cheap ass bitch. I’ll do anything to save a dollar because unlike most bloggers, I don’t have a husband who fills my wallet, neither do I have the perfect picket fenced home. I live in a fucking dump of an apartment in the concrete jungle…Martha Stewart is screaming.
My Vegan Oreo Donuts come together pretty easy (like that bitch in high school), and are ready in under an hour if you’re a slowpoke. I run like Speedy Gonzales in the kitchen so I had these done in under 40 minutes. Hussein Bolt, cry your eyes out. The base of this recipe is a Vanilla Donut batter with bits of Oreos folded in.
What Goes Into The Batter?
Simple. All purpose Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Salt, Almond Milk, 1 Chia Egg, Vanilla, Oil and Oreos! You could use Flax Egg, but I think Chia works really well in this recipe and you don’t have to worry about weird black spots in your batter because the ashy crumbles of Oreo have got that covered.
Can I Make These Vegan Oreo Donuts Gluten-Free?
I guess you could if you can get your hands on a quality All Purpose Gluten Flour mix, but please don’t quote me on that. In fact, don’t quote me on ANYTHING at all because I’m almost 29 and my life is in shambles.
What Is The Icing On These Vegan Oreo Donuts?
Melted Vegan White Chocolate, and literally just that. I initially wanted to use a Vegan Cream Cheese bases frosting but I figured it wouldn’t set up the way White Chocolate would, and no one likes a soggy donut unless you’re engaging in some hardcore Anal. So, melted Vegan White Chocolate will do the trick. As soon as you dip the baked and cooled Donuts into its glaze, quickly top off with more Crushed Oreos so that they stick to your Oreo Donuts before the chocolate sets.
What If I Don’t Have A Donut Pan?
Well, sucks to be you then lol. Go buy one on Amazon, how simple is that? Even a baby could do that. Alright, alright, you big overgrown baby. You could probably make these in muffin tins but god, how unrefined. Grow up, please.
And there you have it, everything you need to know to make these super basic ass Vegan Oreo Donuts that even a dead person could probably whip up in their ghost form in the middle of the night. GHOSTNUTS! Not to be confused for Ghost Testicles! Anyway, scroll down to grab the full recipe and hit me up on Instagram, I usually respond within 3 months or so because I have better things to do than glue my eyes to social media. Peace, out!
Crazy Vegan Kitchen
Serves 6 DOnuts
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (125g)
- 3 tablespoons Sugar (40g)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Ground Chia Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 6 tablespoons Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 9 Oreos, finely chopped
- 150g Vegan White Chocolate
- Extra crushed Oreos, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 325F/165C. Spray a 6 cavity donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Ground Chia and Water. Whisk well and leave for 10 minutes to gel.
- In a larger bowl, combine the Flour, Sugar, Baking powder and Salt.
- In YET another bowl, combine the Almond Milk, Chia Goop, Vanilla and Oil. Whisk well.
- Make a well in the the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Gently stir until just combined.
- Finely chop the Oreos, making sure the pieces will be small enough to fit through the piping bag. Stir Oreos into the batter and mix to combine. Transfer mixture to a piping bag and pipe batter into each donut cavity.
- Bake the donuts for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the donuts sit in the pan for 10 minutes before releasing from the pan and transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, melt White Chocolate in a bowl (don't overheat as it will seperate), and dip the top of each donut so that it is liberally coated. Before the chocolate sets, garnish with more chopped Oreos.
- Allow the chocolate to set before chowing down!
- Donuts will keep for up to 3 days in an air-tight box stored in room temperature.
Notes & Other Shyt You Need To Know
Vegan Oreo Donuts made in under 1 hour. The perfect Baked Vanilla Donuts studded with chunks of Oreo and iced with Vegan White Chocolate. YUMMEH.