I’m a sucker for a quick meal. Actually, I’m just a sucker for anything that only requires minimum effort, so that I can spend the rest of my time idling around, doing nothing and complaining about how dull and mundane my life is. But that’s another story for another day. One of the reasons I love this Vegan Miso Pesto Pasta recipe is because it comes together so quickly, tastes like you spent ages making the sauce, and requires minimal cooking – just the boiling of some pasta, and you’re done. Stove’s off. Goodbye.
Now, I really can’t claim credit for the whole Miso Pesto Pasta recipe, because I got the idea from a Bon Appetit video I saw online where someone was making this killer monster-green looking Miso Pesto Ramen, and I was like WOW I NEED TO DO THAT BECAUSE THE BRIGHT COLOURS ARE JUST SO OOOOH AND AH! Instead of Ramen, I’ve chosen to use Pasta in this Miso Pesto Pasta recipe, just because I prefer Pasta to Ramen. Go figure. (If you hate Cilantro and are looking for a regular Pesto Pasta recipe, click here).
I’ve adapted the sauce slightly, with its main ingredients of Baby Spinach, Cilantro/Coriander, Miso, Sesame Oil and Garlic. I added some Sugar to the recipe, and reduced the amount of Oil used quite substantially, replacing some of it with Vegetable Broth instead. I’m so healthy and all that. I’m not a huge fan of greasy sauces or greasy people. All you have to do is blend all the ingredients together till smooth, and you end up with a forest-green Miso Pesto sauce that even the Amazon would turn green in envy for. Bravo me, for the excessive usage of the word “green”.
Scroll down to grab the full recipe for this Miso Pesto Pasta, and tag me on Instagram if you make it! I’m gonna start posting a few Christmas/Holiday recipes next week onward, so stay tuned for that too! Adios amigos!
Miso Pasta (15 minutes!)
- 4 1/2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 teaspoons White Miso
- 1 1/2 cups Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Minced
- 1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 8 ounces pasta 250g Dry Pasta or Ramen Noodles
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds Toasted, for garnishing
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil, add a liberal amount of salt and cook Pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhiel, combine Baby Spinach, Miso, Cilantro, Sesame Oil, Vegetable Oil, Broth, Garlic, Rice Vinegar and Sugar. Blend till smooth, and then taste and adjust levels of Salt if necessary. Set aside.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and reserve 1/3 cup of the cooking water.
- Combine sauce with cooked pasta, adding a few tablespoons of the reserved cooking liquid at a time if necessary, to loosen the sauce up.
- Serve pasta on plates and sprinkle with toasted Sesame Seeds before enjoying!