Welcome to another episode of “my god, she actually updated her blog”. Thanks for coming – today we have a recipe for this easy Avocado Pesto Pasta. I love pasta dishes that don’t take an entire lifetime to prepare (like this One-Pot-Pasta and my Lemon Tahini Pasta Salad) because quick recipes give me more time to sit in bed and do nothing all day. This recipe is one that comes together in under 15 minutes and packs a flavorful punch without too much effort.
I’ve never used Avocado in pesto before, but I absolutely loved how it enhanced and rounded out the flavor of pesto, and gave it a lush creamy texture that is just the perfect pairing with some robust pasta. To prepare this Avocado Pesto Pasta, you simply cook up your favourite kind of pasta (I used Rigatoni), and whilst that is cooking, you prepare your Avocado Pesto in a food processor.
Into a food processor goes one whole Avocado, Basil, Toasted Pine Nuts, Olive Oil, Garlic, Baby Spinach, Nutritional Yeast, Salt and Pepper. Chances are you already have all these ingredients lying around your pantry. I know I did! I like adding Baby Spinach to most Pesto Pasta recipes as it really injects some vibrance into the dish along with all the nutritional benefits that Spinach offers the flesh prison we are stuck in.
Once your pasta has cooked, you simply drain and add it to your blended Avocado Pesto. Check for seasoning before tossing in some halved Cherry Tomatoes (optional, but I like the burst of flavour it brings to the dish) and there you have it, a delicious bowl of dairy-free Avocado Pesto Pasta. If you try this recipe or any of my other recipes out, don’t forget to gimme a shout out on Instagram, as always! Scroll down to grab the full recipe!
Avocado Pesto Pasta (Dairy Free)
- 8 ounces Pasta of choice I used Rigatoni
- 1 Medium Avocado peeled
- 1 1/2 cups Basil loosely packed
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts toasted
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved, to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt, and then cook pasta according to directions on packet until Al Dente.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, combine Avocado, Basil, Olive Oil, Nutritional Yeast, Pine Nuts, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Baby Spinach, Sugar, Salt and Pepper in a food processor. Blend till smooth.
- Drain pasta once it is cooked and then toss with your prepared Avocado Pesto in a bowl.
- Check for seasoning, and then serve topped with halved Cherry Tomatoes.