This easy peanut sauce is perfect as a dipping sauce, marinade, or drizzled over salad! Thick, creamy, spicy, and sweet, it comes together in seconds!
Whenever I go to a Thai, Malaysian, or Vietnamese restaurant, whichever dish is covered in peanut sauce is the one I’ll be eating!
Peanut sauce is one of the most versatile and delicious condiments out there. Truthfully, it could be its own food group, but that could be quite controversial.
FREE EBOOK SERIES! 5 SECRETS FOR FOOLPROOF VEGAN DESERTS
A good peanut sauce hits all the senses- It’s sweet, it’s spicy and has some zing to it and it’s something you will eat by the spoonful. For those of you who love peanut butter, you are instantly a fan.
Whenever I make a stir fry or a salad and I’m unsure what to dress it with, I always turn to a peanut sauce. It pairs well with just about anything and it can take the blandest of foods and turn them into something incredible.
Ingredients to make this recipe
- Peanut butter– The key ingredient for the peanut sauce! I like to use all natural peanut butter with no added sugar (just a pinch of salt) but feel free to use any kind. Smooth is preferred, but crunchy can be used if you like added texture.
- Tamari OR soy sauce– Thins out the sauce and adds a salty kick!
- Chili garlic sauce– Gives the sauce some added spice and balances out the sweet and salty flavors.
- Lime juice– A staple in Asian cooking, lime juice adds some tang.
- Maple syrup– Adds sweetness while also thinning out the sauce.
How do you make an easy peanut sauce?
Whisk together all the ingredients until combined and smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate for an hour to thicken.
How do you store Asian peanut sauce?
Unlike most bottled sauces, this Asian peanut sauce should always be stored in the refrigerator, in a bowl or glass jar. It will keep well for up to 2 weeks. If the sauce has become too thick, thin it out with some water.
Can I make this sauce thinner?
This sauce is very thick, more like a dip. If you’d like a thinner sauce, add some water, one tablespoon at a time, until the desired texture is achieved.
How to use peanut sauce?
- Salad dresssing– Thin the sauce out with some water before drizzling it over some quinoa salad, pasta salad, or a detox salad.
- Dipping sauce– Dip some sweet potato sausage rolls, summer rolls, or raw sushi rolls.
- Sandwich spread– Spread on some bread before filling it with vegan tuna salad or a burger!
- Marinade– Perfect to coat your tofu with for an hour before baking- You’ll never eat tofu any other way again!
Tools to make this recipe
- Glass bowl– Avoid any scratches and keep everything intact.
- Whisk– A sturdy whisk makes all the difference.
- Lime squeezer– Multipurpose!
- In a mixing bowl, whisk everything together until combined and smooth.
- Serve immediately.