This vegan eggnog is a dairy free twist on the classic holiday beverage! Ready in seconds and perfect with or without alcohol!
FREE EBOOK SERIES! 5 SECRETS FOR FOOLPROOF VEGAN DESERTS
If there is one particular food I’ve always feared, it would have to be Eggnog. Every Christmas, as the supermarket fridges fill up with traditional Eggnog, I feel my stomach do a little dance of horror as I walk past. I mean, raw egg in a creamy beverage? Gross!
Luckily, you can make eggnog at home with ZERO dairy. No egg yolks, no heavy cream, none of that. Instead, a combination of plant based milk, blended cashews, and warming spices all blended together to make a silky and smooth beverage.
This dairy free eggnog is also healthier too- No refined sugar is needed either. Perfect hot or cold, you’ll be making this even in the non-festive season!
What is vegan eggnog made of?
- Non-dairy milk– Any plant based milk can be used, like unsweetened almond milk or soy milk.
- Light coconut milk– Canned light coconut milk. You can use full fat for an even richer flavor.
- Medjool dates– Adds sweetness to the beverage without needing any sugar or syrups!
- Cashews– When blended down, cashews replicate heavy cream or double cream.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves– Warming spices that are a must for this festive drink.
- Vanilla– Either a vanilla bean pod or vanilla extract.
- Salt– Just a pinch to balance all the other ingredients.
- Bourbon– Optional, but a must if you want true blue eggnog.
How do you make dairy free eggnog?
In a high speed blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and serve chilled.
Storing and heating vegan eggnog
- To store: Eggnog should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.
- To heat: Place eggnog over a small saucepan and place it over medium heat. Once it begins to simmer, remove from the heat and serve immediately.
More vegan dessert recipes to try
Tools to make this recipe
- High speed blender– A good quality blender makes all the difference!
- Fine mesh sieve– To pick up any of the residues that may be leftover.
- In a high powered blender such as a Vitamix, combine all the above ingredients. Blend on high until your Vegan Eggnog is perfectly smooth and creamy.
- Strain through a fine meshed sieve if you fancy an extra smooth and silky beverage.
- Keep chilled, in an airtight bottle for up to 1 week.