Learn how to make incredibly delicious vegan ice cream using only 2 simple ingredients. The texture and taste are as good as store-bought ice cream!
Yes, you can have family favorite foods on a vegan diet.
FREE EBOOK SERIES! 5 SECRETS FOR FOOLPROOF VEGAN DESERTS
If you’ve tried our chocolate ice cream, we’ve gone back to basics and now have a classic vegan ice cream to add to the mix and seriously, vegans are blessed.
- Why you’ll love this recipe
- What is vegan ice cream made of?
- How to make it?
- How to make vegan ice cream without an ice cream machine?
- Flavor variations
- Storage instructions
- More vegan dessert recipes to try
- Frequently asked questions
- Vegan Ice Cream (2 Ingredients)
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Just 2 ingredients. It is prepared using just two easily available ingredients.
- Easy. It is an easy recipe with no complicated steps; anybody can make it.
- Versatile. This recipe is just a blank canvas, so you can jazz up the ice cream with different flavors, mix-ins, etc.
What I love about this dairy-free ice cream recipe is that there is no need to use an ice cream maker- all you need is a whisk and bowl!
What is vegan ice cream made of?
This recipe is very simple and uses two ingredients that are common in vegan desserts. Here is what you’ll need:
- Coconut condensed milk. A plant-based alternative to traditional condensed milk.
- Plant-based double cream. It has the taste and texture of double cream but again, without the dairy.
How to make it?
Ready to make some vegan ice cream? Here is how you can do it:
Step 1: Prep the ice cream
Add the heavy cream and condensed coconut milk into the ice cream maker and churn for 15-20 minutes, or as per the ice cream maker instructions.
Step 2: Freeze and serve
Transfer the ice cream into a freezer-friendly container and put it in the freezer until it solidifies.
How to make vegan ice cream without an ice cream machine?
You can still enjoy the same creamy goodness if you don’t have an ice cream machine. All you need is a mixing bowl and a spatula. Once your cream is whisked, add it to a bowl with the condensed coconut milk and start folding.
Just ensure you do it gently, allowing the mixture to maintain air bubbles in the process. Once completely combined, cover the bowl and place it in the freezer. For the first hour, regularly stir it to ensure it doesn’t ice up.
To level up the flavor of this vegan ice cream, here are some flavor variations that you’ll love:
- Fruits. You can add chunks of your favorite fruits, like mangoes or pineapple, for a more tropical flavor, or strawberries and raspberries.
- Flavorings. Vanilla extract, coffee extract, and peppermint extract are all fabulous options.
- Mix-ins. Fold through chocolate chips, crushed-up cookies, or even some chocolate sauce.
Like other ice creams, it should always be kept in the freezer. Avoid keeping ice cream longer than four weeks as it is prone to getting some freezer burn.
More vegan dessert recipes to try
Frequently asked questions
As there is no dairy in vegan ice creams, they have lower levels of saturated fats and minimal cholesterol. Because of this, they’d be a healthier alternative to full-fat dairy ice cream.
Most non-dairy ice creams tend to be vegan, but it is best to read the label. Some of my favorite brands include Tofutti and Jeni’s.
Yes, non-dairy ice cream is vegan because it doesn’t contain any dairy products.
Vegan Ice Cream (2 Ingredients)
- 2 cups plant based heavy cream
- 14 ounces coconut condensed milk
- Combine the heavy cream and coconut condensed milk in an ice cream maker and churn for 15-20 minutes, or as per the instructions of the ice cream maker.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for an hour or until frozen solid.